A big thanks to Anya from Long Story Short and Lilly from Lilly’s Book World for tagging me for the Liebster Award! Although I’ve done this tag before it was quite a while ago (and I think it was a slightly different one?) so I thought I’d have another go (:
If I tag you at the end of this post then here are the rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 11 question that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Questions from Anya:
What made you start your blog?
It all started around a year ago when me and Emma from The Book Crunch started a book blog together. In fact, Emma was the one who got me into reading again and YA books (thanks again, Emma!). We ran blogs together until September last year when we decided it would be best to run seperate blogs – we never had a falling out as such, we just worry too much about each other haha. I then started this blog in early October and still have no intention of leaving this lovely community!
Which fictional character would you want to be your best friend?
Ah, I really love Cath from Fangirl and Violet from All The Bright Places. They’re both shy but caring and I’d love to have them as friends!
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Contemporary YA. I don’t think I’ve ever answered a book-related question so quickly!
Immortality, love, super-strength, mind-reading or shape shifting. You can only choose one, which one?
Although the others are extremely tempting, love beats all.
What fictional world would you like to live in?
Ohh..that’s a hard one. As I haven’t read many books set in different worlds, I’m going to choose Six of Crows!
If you were stuck on a desert island, what is one book you’d want with you?
All The Bright Places. Or maybe The Love That Split The World…or I’ll Give You The Sun.
ALL OF THEM.
Do you have any hobbies?
I love Nintendo and I play Animal Crossing New Leaf a lot, haha. That’s probably my main hobby other than reading!
What book do you wish would be made into a movie or TV series?
The first one that comes to mind is Carry On!
What do you hope your career will be?
I’d absolutely love to work in a bookshop, without a doubt.
The last book you bought?
The Symptoms of My Insanity by Mindy Raf – it arrived this morning!
A book that makes you cry everytime?
All The Bright Places!! Though I cry at a lot of really good books when I finish them…because I just want them to carry on.
Questions from Lily:
What is your childhood nickname?
My family used to call me Beppa (my name is Beth, I don’t know how they changed it to that haha) but now my nickname is Sock because it’s my username on some stuff haha
What’s your favorite superhero?
I don’t really have one…sorry! But um, does Deadpool count?
Do you own a pet?
Yes! I have a guinea pig and I volunteer at a rabbit and guinea pig rescue centre!
If you were to be part of a story in a book you’ve read, which one would it be?
Can Cath write fanfic about me? Haha. I love Fangirl and I’m proud!
What’s your favorite TV series?
I have loads…right now I’m watching and loving Breaking Bad! But I also love Life On Mars (UK version).
How do you see yourself 50 years from now?
Hopefully retired from owning a bookshop – or maybe still owning one!
What’s your favorite music band?
ALL TIME LOW WITHOUT A DOUBT OMG
What’s your favorite fruit?
If you could change something in the world, what would that be?
For there to be equality among all and world peace.
If you could live on another planet, what would that be?
One where people don’t take anything for granted…and realise how important the little things are.
Do you think your blog inspires people and how?
I can only hope. I was thinking the other day and in the end, what I’m trying to do is making myself famous to make other people famous (authors). I know how hard it is to get amazing books out there and I just want to help those fantastic writers. If anything inspires my readers – that is what I would like it to be.
11 (random) facts about me
- I’m single
- I spend most of my time on Instagram and it’s definitely my favourite social media app!
- I also own an Etsy shop!
- I love Korean/Japanese fashion (and I’m really fussy when it comes to buying clothes)
- I’m going to Paris on Monday-Friday! It’ll be the second time I’ve been abroad
- I watch really random TV shows. Benidorm, Miranda, Cuckoo and Life on Mars are some of my favourites.
- I love Nintendo but I’m also permanently annoyed at them for the cost of their consoles and games!
- I only have a small bookcase, my other books are just in random places haha
- I’m absolutely obsessed with All Time Low and I’m part of the Hustlers fan club!
- I’ve only ever been to one music concert (yep, that’s All Time Low)
- I love Top Gear (but only the old versions) and I watch it a lot!
Who I’m tagging:
Questions for you!
- If you could choose anyone to write an autobiography, who would you choose?
- Where do you want to visit before you die?
- Name a character you admire.
- Think of a favourite cover of yours, what is it and why do you like it?
- What’s your favourite colour for covers and spines?
- Write a short note to one of your favourite authors about why you love their books so much
- Do you like covers with people on?
- Where is your favourite place to read?
- Do you read a lot of fantasy?
- Name a popular bookish couple you don’t ship
- Name a book you think deserves more attention
May your shelves forever overflow with books! ☽