Random: Growing Up with Cathy Cassidy Books

Today I have a very special post for you all…and yes, it is about an author. Basically, I was very lucky to be asked to feature on Cathy Cassidy’s blog (I know, I was very excited)!

I’m going to copy out the full post below, but if you’d like to view it on the Dreamcatcher blog, click here.

Book blogger Beth met Cathy Cassidy at a teen book event recently… and Cathy asked her to recommend some YA reads for older CC readers!

Beth says:
A big thank you to Cathy for this opportunity… I unexpectedly bumped into her at an event a few weeks ago, and now this… it’s crazy! So… let’s start with how I got into Cathy’s books. I began by reading CHERRY CRUSH, borrowed from the library, and it all kicked off from there. Honestly, I absolutely fell in love with Shay – a sweet guy who writes songs and plays guitar? Yes please! Between then and starting to read YA (Young Adult/ older teen) books, I read and adored most of Cathy’s books. It became a personal goal of mine to finish them all. I could relate to or fall in love with most of the characters, which is why I love those books so much!

As I got older, I moved on to YA books and began to blog about them… blogging has become a great resource for me, allowing me to connect with other readers and talk about new releases and also those books I adored before YA.

My taste in novels hasn’t really changed over the years – I love romance and contemporary and read most of those genres. It’s taken me a while to find books I adore *almost* as much as Cathy’s novels, but here is my list of favourites… if you’re an older teen who likes CC books, try these next!

The Truth About Forever
by Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen’s books were probably some of the first YA books I read – and I still love them today!

Cathy says:
I have read this and LOVED it. All of Sarah’s books are just wonderful!

Second Chance Summer
by Morgan Matson

I cannot recommend Morgan Matson enough. She writes in a light-hearted but deep way about love, friendship and the importance of second chances!

Cathy says:
Oooh… a new author to me, I will have to check this book out!

Beautiful Broken Things
by Sara Barnard

Unfortunately, there are not many YA books out there that focus solely on friendship – which is why I loved this book so much! I would also recommend How To Be Bad by E Lockhart, if you like reading about teenage friendship (and road trips!)

Oh, and while we’re here, everybody go and read Gingersnaps by Cathy herself!

Cathy says:
Love, love, LOVE this book! A great choice!

All The Bright Places
by Jennifer Niven

I fell in love with this book from the first page. It’s absolutely mind-blowing!

Cathy says:
Oh my… awesome. And heart-breaking! Health Warning: please have a box of tissues nearby when reading!

The Love That Split The World
by Emily Henry

…And the ‘mind-blowing’ tag can definitely be applied to this book too! If you love romance with a twist (and/or time travel/ sci fi,) then here you go!

Cathy says:
Another new author to me… I will be tracking this book down soon, thanks for the tip, Beth!

There were many other authors I just didn’t have the space to include here, but I’d also love to recommend authors like Jenny Han, Stephanie Perkins, Jandy Nelson, Lisa Williamson and Rainbow Rowell, along with many others! Looking for more YA? I write a book blog, which you can find here! Enjoy… and may your shelves forever overflow with books!

Cathy says:
Great suggestions from teen book expert Beth… I think I’ll have to ask her back to do more guest blogging soon! Have YOU read any of the books above? Do YOU have any cool recommendations to make? COMMENT BELOW to have your say!

Again, a massive thank you to Cathy for this amazing opportunity! And in reply to doing more guest blogging…anytime! I really enjoyed doing this and I’d love to again!

-Beth

May your shelves forever overflow with books! ☽

youtubetwitterbloglovintumblrinstagram

3 thoughts on “Random: Growing Up with Cathy Cassidy Books

1. Fab post! I read it first on Cathy Cassidy’s blog, decided to check you out and I’m glad I did! Your blog is awesome and you have great taste in books 🙂 btw thanks for following my blog!

Liked by 1 person