Hi everyone! Well, hasn’t it been a while? In one way, it does seem like it. On the other hand, the last few days have past in a blur!
So, for those of you who have noticed I haven’t blogged since Wednesday…here’s a little about where I’ve been:
- Devon. Or more to the point, visiting family! This doesn’t usually stop me from blogging, but I guess this time I was busier than I expected to be.
- At the library! Not necessarily reading, though. I’ve actually begun volunteering at my local library, helping out with the children’s summer reading challenge! It’s basically a program to help get kids involved in reading, and it means I’m going to be there a lot over the summer.
- In Animal Crossing. I’ve got to say it, sometimes this game does distract me from even picking up a book…oops.
- Fretting in general…because it’s what I do best. As I’m sure my friends would tell you, I worry about everything a little too much, and sometimes I worry so much that I kind of distract myself from getting anything done!
- Trying to read, but somehow failing very much. Which brings me on to…
I’ve been trying my best to finish a book…but I just can’t. Why?
- I’m in a very big, very weird slump. You ever get days when you just don’t want to read? I’m sure we all do, secretly. Well that’s been the past 2 months for me.
- I’ve found out it takes me a longgg time to read fantasy. Which I’m trying not to treat as a problem! I just don’t tend to feel as invested in the story as when I read contemporaries, so I’ll probably just read less fantasy. Or if I can, read both genres at the same time.
- Books cost a lot of money! And maybe I’ve spent so long being a very big book-lover, it’s taken me a while to realise this. I would hate to add up the dent it’s put on my wallet over the past year or so.
So overall, I’ve had a mixture of being genuinely busy and just not interested. But as we’re into lists today, here’s some last random thoughts and thing. I need to…
- Read the books I really want to read, rather than popular or recommended ones.
- Not rush myself! I know I’ll get back into it eventually. But at the same time, I need to set aside a time for reading each day, especially if I’m enjoying my current read.
- Not pressure myself to read things I don’t want to read. Just move on or take a break, it’s not a crime!
Sorry this post has probably been a boring one, but it’s been good to get all of my thoughts out on ‘paper’, as such. Either way, there’s no way I’m stopping blogging. I still enjoy it a lot, and I know I will even more when I’m reading more again!
May your shelves forever overflow with books! ☽