Hi everyone! So yesterday I came across this very interesting tag – the Bohemian Rhapsody Book Tag over on Magic of Books! I’ve been listening to the Panic! At the Disco version recently and have fallen in love with this song, so I couldn’t not take part!
WARNING: Do not continue if you’d prefer not to see spoilers for All the Bright Places.
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional character’s death that really upset you?
Finch from All the Bright Places. The book wouldn’t be the same without his death, but I’m going to cry so much when that movie is released!
2. Carry on, carry on – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end?
This is a tough one – but maybe A Court of Thorns and Roses? I liked this book, but it was very daunting!
3. Sends shivers down my spine – pick a book with a beautiful spine/cover?
I actually like these spines more than the actual covers! They’re just so pretty omg
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – A book that you couldn’t finish?
There are very, very few books that I couldn’t finish, as I like to finish them before forming an opinion…but one of the very few is Little Women! However, I was around 11 years old and I would like to try again soon!
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I really don’t know! I rarely (and I mean rarely) read horror, so I’m actually going to say I’ll Give You the Sun! For a very weird reason…I expected this book was going to be a lot more heartbreaking than it was – and I was frightened for the whole of the book that something really bad was about to happen.
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda! I adore Simon, and I got the shock of my year when Becky Albertalli tweeted about a second book OMG I JUST LOOKED AT HER TWITTER AND THERE MIGHT BE A MOVIE I’M DYING OMG!!!!!
7. Mamma mia, mamma mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
I am totally going to agree with Magini-Books and say The Martian should totally be a musical 😉
8. The head banging bit – Which book made you face-palm?
So, so easy. Madison K. The only 1 star review I’ve ever given!
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
We Were Liars…I’m not saying anything…BUT THE DOGS. WHY THE FUDGING DOGS?!
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character/s did you not care about?
Both Nick and Kate from Gone Girl (they may be the wrong names, please forgive me!). I absolutely hated them both, and I have no shame in expressing that fact.
I tag…everyone! I did this tag because it looked interesting (and it’s been so fun!), and you totally should too! 🙂
May your shelves forever overflow with books! ☽