My lovely friend Ellie from Blogging for Dopamine tagged me for The Liebster Award a while ago – and I’m finally getting around to it! You should definitely head over to her blog and give it a look.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you.
- Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know).
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
1. What is your favourite period in history (the one you find most interesting)?
I’m unfortunately not the biggest history fan, but I do find the 1800s interesting.
2. If you could be a fictional character for a day, who would you be and why?
Ahh that is so difficult! If only for a day, I would love to be either Charlie from Songs About A Girl or Scarlett from Caraval as I’d love to experience that magical world!
3. What is your favourite TV show at the moment?
I’m not watching anything at the moment apart from random food programs I love! But my favourite series is definitely Arrested Development.
4. What is the best book you’ve read so far in 2017? (Or at least one of the best, I know it can be hard to choose.)
Oh my Gosh, this is so hard! Okay, I can choose 3, in no particular order…
Alex Approximately by Jenn Bennett
Songs About A Girl by Chris Russell
The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
5. Do you have a favourite toy, from childhood or now? (Yes, I still buy toys for myself.)
Ahh this is a hard question. I don’t really have toys as such, but I do have a fluffy alpaca, and some little keyrings I love.
6. Who are some of your favourite villains?
I have to agree with Ellie and say my favourite villain has to be AIDEN from Illuminae! He’s such a unqiue villain.
7. Which superpower would you choose to have, if you could?
I don’t know ahh! I would love to be able to fly, be invisible or also as Ellie said, reverse time! Or maybe read minds? That would be so damn useful right now.
8. What is your favourite snack?
For healthy snacks, I love fruit like mango and strawberries! Unhealthy me craves cakes, cookies and muffins. Preferably chocolate!
9. If you had to choose, would you rather become a vampire or a werewolf?
Definitely a vampire, but I would have to be ‘vegetarian’.
10. Pirates or ninjas?
I guess it would have to be ninjas!
11. Share a quote you really like!
Ahh, that’s so hard as I love so many quotes! In the bookish variety, I adore this one:
“We are capable of big lives. A big history. Why settle? Why choose the practical thing, the mundane thing? We are born to dream and make the things we dream about.”
― Nicola Yoon,
In other quotes, I love this and it has always struck a chord with me:
“In French, you don’t say ‘I miss you’. You say ‘tu me manques’ which means ‘you are missing from me’.”
And of course anyone else who would like to take part, consider yourself tagged!
My questions for you:
- What’s your favourite series?
- Name a book you’d like to live in.
- What’s your favourite bookish map?
- Do you prefer paperbacks or hardbacks?
- Where would you like to visit?
- What’s your favourite weather to read in?
- Talk about a hobby other than reading.
- What’s your favourite type of cake?
- Which spines always stand out on a shelf for you?
- Name a book you should read without reading the synopsis?
- Which books did you adore before blogging?
I hope you like the mix of book related and personal questions! The favourite type of cake is definitely a question I ask a lot of people as I bake so much – it’s one of my favourite things to do 🙂
May your shelves forever overflow with books! ☽